5/23/2012

Drugstore Mascara's: My opinion on Revlon, Maybelline, and Loreal

Hey everyone! I've had these mascara's set in my drawer for months now because I've wanted to write reviews about them since I first got them. I realized I should get to them, lol. Anyway in general I choose drugstore mascara's over the high-end ones. Why? Because most of the time you end up getting pretty much the same quality. I swear my lancome definicils mascara does just the same effect as my revlon grow luscious mascara. So why splurge on it. So today I will be reviewing Maybelline Define-a-lash, Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express, Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes, and Revlon Grow Luscious. Two I recommend, one is ok, and to one I say "Off with its head!!". Read on to find out which are in and which are out!



Revlon Grow Luscious:

They say:
"-Lash enhancing formula complements the natural growth cycle of your lashes, improving their  overall appearance and conditioning with each use
-Get lashes that look instantly longer and lusher and will also grow stronger day after day
-Oversized lash-extending brush"

I say: Yes! Revlon Grow Luscious (not the plumping mascara) actually made my eyelashes healthier. Weird for a mascara to do that right?! But I'm definitely not complaining.

I absolutely love how big the wand is on this mascara. I know some people feel that with a big wand you cant reach the tiny lashes on either side but surprisingly thats not the case with this one. Its big enough to give an immediate fuller effect to the lashes while still allowing control of the smaller lashes. And have you seen how beautiful Jessica Biel looks in the Grow Luscious Ads!
Gets an A+ from me.

Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express:

I bought this one day because it came in an offer with an eyeliner pencil. I've had much bad experience with the Maybelline mascara's that come in that particular shape and I wasn't very interested in trying it out, but I did anyway.

They say:
"FALSE LASH GLAM GOES EXTRA MATTE, extremely black
300% MORE VISIBLE LASHES corner-to-corner, no gaps"

I say: 300% ? What the hell? Is there even such a thing as 300% more visible. What your eyelashes become 300% percent more in someone's face? I dunno bout all that but I do like the mascara...but 300%. I really dont know what thats supposed to mean.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got. It does lengthen and give much volume which is what I want in a mascara. It does more volumizing that lengthening but for me it does enough of both. It doesn't give that crackly clumpy feel that some of the other volumizing mascaras do, although it doesn't have the most natural feel to it either. It can really give you a dramatic look if you apply more than usual...so it'll do its job if you dont believe in fake eyelashes. I have used this all up completely. Would I rebuy it...Maybe. one day. If I can understand the whole 300% thing. lol.
Gets a B+ from me.

Maybelline Define-a-lash Mascara:

They say: "ZERO-CLUMP LENGTH defined like never before
SHAPED-TO-THE-LASH BRUSH elongates and accentuates lashes"

I say: True Dat. But...its not the best mascara I've ever tried. Its a meteocre mascara that does a meteocre job.This is so-so for me. Its just an ok mascara that you can use after you've already applied your "REAL" mascara. I say real because I feel like this is just something extra you do. You couldn't rely on it to actually be your only mascara.
Its brush is supposed to be shaped to your eye lash contour and I do love that about this. Its really easy to swipe against your lashes making application a bit quicker. And it really does seperate your lashes so if you tend to use a great mascara that clumps your lashes a bit you can definitely use this afterwards to just get that nice seperation.
This gets a B from me.

Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes:

They say: "For lashes that look a million times multiplied and perfectly defined, theres only one mascara...The millionizing brush evenly thickens lashes from root to tip. The result? Lashes look so multiplied, so clean, its like seeing millions."

I say: Millions, eh? Again with the gigantic numbers. I dont like it when numbers are put into something that you cant calculate yourself. So you sit there wondering...millions. Personally I despise this mascara as much as I despised its predecessor Loreal Million Lashes. They suck. You see the picture of Eva Longoria sitting there with her eyelashes shooting out 10 feet in front of her and your like Oh Yeah BABY! I want my eyelashes to be 20 million feet long. So you get the mascara and your realize its not even 1 cm ahead let alone 20  million feet. And then you start to hate all mascaras and start to doubt every single commercial and ad you see for mascara. Why? All because of one little golden tube. Well bad mascara will do that to you.

You see how I used so many numbers! I can work with numbers too.

I give this an F-. You fail...go back to school and work on your numbers! I say Off with its head...or in this case throw it in the garbage! Oh yeah. High five! I hope you enjoyed this review and please understand that these are solely my opinions. I go out and buy products, some of which I end up hating, so I just wanted to share my thoughts on a few of those thing.

Thats all for now.
xo Nail Diva









6 comments:

  1. Gracias! great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome! I'm glad you found it useful!

      Delete
  2. I love the falsies mascara! I don't like the the one that is supposed to be flared, but the regular falsies in waterproof is my go to! I agree with you on the voluminous million lashes, it did absolutely nothing for me. I tried the Revlon as well, but I never noticed a difference. Glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm actually a bit surprised to hear that about the Revlon one. I mean I know everyone has different lash types but I really thought with its brush shape that it could work well for everyone! I guess I was wrong but thank you for pointing that out.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you. Although I love high end foundations, lipsticks, and other things, mascara is the one thing I will never splurge on because I feel it is the same whether I get a $30 or a $5 mascara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wierd though. Because I know for sure that expensive foundation is alot better than drugstore ones. I guess mascara is the one of the few exceptions. =]

      Delete