6/30/2012

Misa Lovebite + Essie Shine of the Times = Major Manicure Love

Hey girlies! Hows it been, it feels like I haven't posted in forever. But thats only because I loved my last manicure so much I rocked it up until yesterday. Thats Cray Cray right? Well anyway, so today I want to show you an experiment I tried out the other day and was absolutely ecstatic about showing you guys and then somewhere along the way I forgot about it. Anyway, First and Foremost let me just say I think the greatest addition to my polish collection has been Essie Shine of the Times. I mean it takes any old blah manicure and turns it into heaven. But only after this manicure did I realize the true glory behind this polish.




This is exactly what I wanted Barielle Elle's Spell to be like. Even when I layered it over Misa Lovebite it still didn't give me that extra oomph I was looking for. But this manicure...boy oh boy. The darkness of Lovebite nicely offsets the brightness of Shine of the Times. And no matter which direction you turn your hand the light will automatically catch the flecks and bring something extra to the table. I probably wont be wearing this in Summertime because I like to give each season its own features but I know that I'll have this on all throughout fall and winter. So if you have Elle's Spell and like me wish for more give this a try and tell me what you think. And I'll be posting up a couple more things with Essie Shine of The Times in it so stay tuned.

P.s. My Pre-100 Follower Giveaway ends tonight...so gets to entering!
xo Nail Diva

8 comments:

  1. wow wow wow! Stunning! I don't have Love bite, but I can't wait to try this with a similar color in my stash. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your oh so very welcome! Let me know how your combo turns out.

      Delete
  2. wow :) love this. thanks for showing this mani, I would love to recreate it with what I have. I didn't realise how beautiful flakies look over a dark red :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree... Any deep red and a flakie will give this effect just be careful not to put too many layers or it will get clumpy. :-)

      Delete
  3. Why thank you, it's my pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you layer the Essie to get the effect shown in your photos? Do you layer the essie above or underneath the red?

    ReplyDelete